Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under the oversight of senior level staff, engineering design including 3D geometric design of freeways, highways and streets.
- Develop conceptual roadway, interchange and intersections, using alternative methods at times, to improve capacity and LOS.
- Develop flood abatement and stormwater treatment through innovative measures such as stormwater harvesting, compensatory treatment, regional stormwater facilities and maximizing existing drainage systems.
- Design of stormwater management facilities, collection systems and stormwater modeling.
- Use a variety of data sources / standards, Internet, documents, reports, surveys and personal contact to facilitate transportation development and analysis.
- Present results in written documentation, plans and presentations.
- Ability to independently evaluate, select and apply standard techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making adaptations and modifications to produce the best results and make engineering recommendations.
- Prepare and disseminate information in a suitable format through extensive interaction with internal and external contacts.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or closely related major.
- Ability to work independently and in a team setting.
- Proficient in MS Office tools such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Required Driving Statement:
This position requires a current valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
EIT Certification, Experience in Microstation.
- Experience in Microstation
We offer a competitive benefits package including paid holidays, paid time off, health insurance, SIMPLE IRA, work-from-home options, volunteer time off, professional development programs etc.
Salary based on experience and qualifications.