Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare engineering design and construction plans including 3D geometric design of freeways, highways and streets.
- Develop conceptual roadway, interchange and intersections, using alternative methods at times, to improve capacity and LOS.
- Develop flood abatement and stormwater treatment through innovative measures such as stormwater harvesting, compensatory treatment, regional stormwater facilities and maximizing existing drainage systems.
- Design of stormwater management facilities, collection systems and stormwater modelling.
- Identifies, develops, and gathers a variety of data sources / standards, Internet, documents, reports, surveys and personal contact to facilitate engineering solutions and analysis.
- Ability to independently evaluate, select and apply standard techniques, procedures and criteria, using judgment in making adaptations and modifications to produce the best results and make engineering recommendations.
- Independently completes complex development of engineering design, preparation of specifications, compiles technical reports and other activities requiring the knowledge of standard engineering principles and techniques.
- Selects proper procedures to self-check work for completeness and accuracy in technical reports and calculations.
- Recognizes technical discrepancies in analytical results and makes appropriate corrections following standard procedures.
- Plans, schedules, conducts and coordinates detailed phases of a project with other engineering disciplines and project management staff for completion.
- Continuously monitors the progress and performance on a project to ensure efficient production, to uncover potential problems, meet schedules and avoid errors.
- Can develop individual discipline work plans to coincide with the milestones of a project work plan.
- Mentors junior level staff in engineering skills, judgement and techniques
- Provides technical review of work completed by junior level engineering staff as necessary.
- May assist or be involved in the technical scope proposal development.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or closely related major.
- Professional Engineer (PE) license.
- A minimum of 4 years of Engineering experience required.
Proficient in MS Office tools such as Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Advanced proficiency with engineering, computational, and modeling software (MicroStation, OpenRoads, etc).Ability to develop practical drainage solutions using modeling software.
- Ability to develop practical roadway solutions using traffic model results.
- Familiar with QA/QC procedures and understands basic business practices and laws governing engineering in Florida.
Required Driving Statement:
This position requires a current valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
- MS Project Experience
- Experience in Microstation.
- An active role in a professional engineering society/organization.
- Project Management Experience.
We offer a competitive benefits package including paid holidays, paid time off, health insurance, 401K, work-from-home options, volunteer time off, professional development programs, etc.
Salary based on experience and qualifications.